“In Rand’s novel Atlas Shrugged, a group of producers withdraw their talents from a parasitic society so as to speed along its collapse in order to rebuild on the ruins. But Going Galt doesn’t need to be a strategy for social change. It can be an individual choice and a strategy that increases the Galter’s freedom, quality of life, and self-respect. It doesn’t require leaving society for an isolated community or ceasing to fight for general freedom – for example, through writing and other activism. Going Galt as an individual choice simply means withdrawing support from parasites in a process that resembles a private boycott or secession. The withdrawal can be partial or it can be total; the extent of Going Galt depends on many factors including the comfort level of the individual.”
- "The basic political principle of the Objectivist ethics is: no man may initiate the use of physical force against others. No man——or group or society or government—has the right to assume the role of a criminal and initiate the use of physical compulsion against any man. Men have the right to use physical force only in retaliation and only against those who initiate its use. The ethical principle involved is simple and clear-cut: it is the difference between murder and self-defense." - Ayn Rand
Top Posts & Pages
- Follow Reason – Not People, Movements, and Parties
- The Top Ten Most Anarchist Moments of Ayn Rand
- A free market defense of Walmart? Not so fast.
- Orthodox Objectivist Harry Binswanger Mocks the Passing of Libertarian Icon Barbara Branden
- Going Galt: Individuals Seceding by Wendy McElroy
- Barbara Branden RIP
- In Praise of Looters: Harry Binswanger’s Defense of Goldman Sachs
- Fast Food in a Freed Market Doesn’t Look Like This.
- How to Spread Anarchy
- Top 10 Subreddits for Aspiring Agorists
- How to Become an Agorist and Fight the State in 7 Easy Steps
- An AnarchObjectivist’s Guide to Atlas Shrugged
- Food Safety in a Free Society
- Crimes of the American Regime
- What is an AnarchObjectivist?
Tagsagorism agorist AIG anarchism anarchObjectivism anarchobjectivist anarcho capitalism Anarcho objectivism anarchy ancap ayn rand bailouts Barbara Branden best subreddits for agorists binswanger Branden capitalism Carl Svanberg contradiction dictatorship fast food industry food safety freedom free market free markets going galt Goldman Sachs government Harry Binswanger individual Rights is objectivism compatible with anarchy laws libertarian libertarianism liberty minarchism objectivism objectivist operation wallstreet orthodox physical force politics Rand associate Barbara Branden reddit state stateless subreddit tea party The Ayn Rand Institute voluntaryism Walmart wendy mcelroy